Monday, September 11, 2006

Maybe she is not the perfect woman after all.

Want to learn about women and math?

Want to learn about Maria Sharapova and math?
Sharapova last night hung in there on long points, even attacked the net when necessary. She went for it, struck 20 winners and willingly paid the price with 24 errors. If she is not a master of pace or angles quite yet, she is only 19. She surely owns the energy and discipline to capture several more majors on a tour currently devoid of genius.
(emphasis mine) And if she is a master? Fuck, she's 28. ANYWAY, brace yourself for a classic:
"I lost the last four times I played with Justine, so I figured I had to flip it 360, do just the opposite," Sharapova said. She is not a geometry major.
LOL. Also, you mean “rotate.” OR (principle of charity) you mean, “I had to flip it 360, THEN do just the opposite,” which is redundant but technically correct. OR (principle of I'm an asshole) you mean 360 radians (roughly 20626.5 degrees = 106.5 degrees + you are dizzy), or yet another unit of measure.

I'm going to flip it 360, then have a ham sandwich.

More Maria news: during the men's final Sunday, Dick Enberg remarked that Sharapova was “so photogenic,” which is like saying someone is intelligent by noting they perform well on standardized tests.

U + Me = Us

P.S. Please don't buy for me NASCAR For Dummies, in other words, NASCAR. While you're at it, don't buy for me this here book either.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

I like the contrapositive of "If she is not a master of pace or angles quite yet, she is only 19": If she is not 19, then she is a master.

Meaning, back when she was 18, she was a master, but then she fucked it all up and now she can't hit the angles.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

As I have said before, I disagree with Enberg that Sharapova is photogenic (though I obviously don't deny that she is super hot). Look at the photo you used -- she looks like she just ate a baby.

11:04 PM  
Blogger robusteza said...

Maybe -- but I bet that baby was pretty hot.

Don't worry, Bernie, I haven't forgotten about you. Check back soon.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home